Strategic Planning Audit Program
Title of the Audit Working Paper(s): Strategic Planning for departments, constitutional institutions and public entities
Purpose of the working paper. The purpose of this working paper is to provide a guideline on conducting an audit of the Strategic Planning process for departments, constitutional institutions and public entities in South Africa.
Audit objectives for the working paper.
- a) To ensure that the organization has an adequately documented and approved strategic plan which highlights the programs and projects planned for the next five (5) years.
- (b) To ensure that the strategic plan covers the core contents as prescribed by the relevant legislative requirements
- (c) To determine that the strategic planning process is adequately documented and planning tools well identified and agreed upon by the relevant role players
- d) To ensure that Program managers sign off on the contents of the Strategic Plan
- e) To ensure that the Strategic Plan (new and / or revised) is submitted to and tabled at the relevant authorities timeously
- f) To ensure that the strategic plan is shared with all the stakeholders and published on the institution's website
- (g) To ensure that there is adequate monitoring of and reporting on the strategic plan"
Industry sector Public Sector / Government (South Africa)
Functional area Head of Department / Office of the CEO / Accounting Officer
Key words to help categorize programs and facilitate searches. "Strategic Planning Programs"